Every other week or so I get asked about live streaming liturgies, events, conferences, youth events, etc., and I usually point people to Ustream. However, many of the free features have been gradually removed over the years and it’s starting to become pretty expensive for the average size parish.
After extensive research online, I came across a great service called StreamSpot, signed up for their trial, and evaluated their customer support. Everything was top-notch and my questions were answered very quickly. I did my initial streaming with my iPhone and then later with an HD video camera.
- Customized, Embeddable Players for your website(s)
- Automatic broadcasting and archiving
- Private, Password-Protected Broadcasts at no extra charge – Great for classes, religious education, etc.
- Included tech support for the parish and all viewers
- A complimentary free custom Roku channel
- Email notifications of Broadcasts and many more…
You can use your own equipment, webcam, or phone to get started. If you’re really serious, take it to the next level with one of their ready-to-go equipment packages. Best of all, their streaming player works great with our eCatholic 5 responsive websites, so everyone has a great experience.
People that I’m sure would love for you to live stream:
- The home bound members of your parish.
- Parish patrons that are now in nursing homes.
- Members that may be sick and hospitalized.
If you’re interested in learning more, you can sign up for a 14-day risk free trial below. The StreamSpot team members will help you every step of the way and we’ll help you embed your feed on your eCatholic site.
Disclaimer: We are now an affiliate for StreamSpot, but I would recommend them even if we weren’t!